Quad Cities Interfaith works with local congregations and community organizations on issues that they care about.
QCI strengthens congregations, develops local leadership and works to affect positive change in our community.
QCI works to create strong congregations and strong communities through:
- Intentional and intensive relationship-building
- Developing and involving lay leadership
- Effectively impacting the public area
Regardless of the specific issues addressed -- immigration, predatory lending, education, economic development, youth leadership development, health care -- the goal is to use the gifts of our people and the resources of our faith to rebuild community and shape a society that is more respectful of the life, dignity and rights of each person.
Building a Just Society Since 1986
Since 1986, Quad Cities Interfaith has successfully addressed a number of pressing problems and helped develop various solutions in response to community needs. Accomplishments include:
- Developed a gang intervention project and an education incentive program for local youth.
- Founded Interfaith Housing, which rebuilds central city homes to revitalize our neighborhoods.
- Built a coalition of local lenders and community groups to combat predatory lending, producing a brochure warning the community against predatory lending and showcasing local lender alternatives to pay day loan products.
- Worked with students, parents and teachers to save vital school programs for at-risk students.
- Sponsored an annual business exposition to strengthen the local economy.
- Successfully petitioned the Iowa Governor to sign an order restoring voting rights to felons who have completed their incarceration and restitution.
- Worked with Illinois and Iowa organizations to cap the interest rate on car title loans at 36%.
- Partnering with The City of Davenport Police Department on a 2010 Weed and Seed grant through the Department of Justice - QCI is developing and implementing a Youth Leadership Program for youth in the targeted area to come together to solve community problems
Help Us in the Work for Justice
Quad Cities Interfaith needs the support of individuals who share our vision. All donations are greatly appreciated. QCI is a 501(c)3 and contributions are tax deductible as allowed by law.
Checks may be mailed to:
Quad Cities Interfaith,
111 E. 3rd Street Suite 423,
Davenport, Iowa 52801 or donate online.